Art journal page: “Regrets”
I just opened a new art journaling class called “First Aid Journaling” at my teaching site. The class is FREE to One Little House members and there’s no time limit on the availability of the content. OLH is free to join, so if you’d like to check out this class, here’s your invitation! The first video has been posted and it shows the making of this “Regrets” page. This is what you can expect from First Aid Journaling:
I was really thrilled when Chris Cozen and Artistcellar invited me to participate in this blog-hop to mark the launch of Chris’s “Playful Pods” stencil set – a new addition to the Artistcellar Signature Series – and I have to say that I feel very humbled by the company of artists I find myself hopping with! There are some fantastic giveaway prizes up for you to win but first things first: let me show you the stencils…
It was warm and sunny – it was cold and wet – it was warm and sunny – it was cold and wet – and repeat. Welcome to my past week! I’ve been busy but don’t seem to have much to show for it, and I’ve been in good spirits though my body has been a little uncooperative – which may have had something to do with the not-much-to-show-for-it part. So following a changeable, sometime-ish sort of week, I’m sharing my joys:
- I’m beyond thrilled this week to have won a giveaway hosted by a lovely artist friend, Anna Schueler, for a free spot in her class at the Artful Gathering Online Art Retreat this Summer! “My Art, My Voice” runs from July 16 to August 26 and I can’t wait! I’m a big fan of Anna’s work, especially her fabulous mixed media abstracts [see below].
I haven’t Joy Jammed since the end of March but this weekend I’m BACK and I’m sharing my joys:
- I sold my “Delphiniums” painting, YAY! Such a lovely boost and a happy start to my new “In The Garden” painting series.
- I’ve been getting a vitamin D fix. We’ve had some gorgeous weather in the UK just recently and I’d forgotten how good it feels to switch off and snooze in a chair in the garden, soaking up the rays – which also really helps with my fibro aches and pains, so double bliss!
- I tidied my studio a while back and… it’s still tidy! This is nothing short of a miracle actually, since I’ve been painting again lately. *lilbit smug*
- Flowers. Flowers in the garden – flowers all through the village – little flowers on the later blossoming trees; all these blooms, large and small, make me happy. Magnolias seem to flourish in the soil around here and this year, they all came through unscathed by frost and are just beautiful to behold.
Want to share your joys from this week? Link up and share in the “Joy Jam” over at Your Heart Makes a Difference.
This is the first piece in my new “In The Garden” series of paintings, and I’m delighted to share that it has SOLD and will soon be heading off to its new home across the pond, in the US.See More»